The American Graduate University of Positive Psychology
The Science of Flourishing
The Leader in Distance Learning Positive Psychology Education!
Earn a $3,000 Scholarship if You Enroll By November 30, 2015!
Request Your FREE Program Guide Today!
Study to Become an ePsychologist, Neuropsychologist, Positive
Psychology Coach, or Life Counsel©
Courses from Audible.com, LearnOutloud.com, and The Great Courses are also available!
- Positive Psychology - The Science of Happiness and Flourishing
- Neuropsychology - The Science of the Origins of Human Nature and Human Behavior: Evolutionary Psychology and Neuroscience
- Positive Neuropsychology - The Science of Happiness and the Origins of Human Nature and Behavior: Positive Psychology, Evolutionary Psychology, and Neuroscience
Gallup Poll: An Ivy League Education Does Not Equal Happiness or Success!
"A major new survey by Gallup finds that it isn't where you go to college that is predictive of whether you are successful at work and happy in life -- rather, it matters what you do while you're in school that counts." Now is the time to take the next step to create a future of success and accomplishment. You must take action in order to change your life and create a new direction. Contact us today.
From the Office of Postsecondary Education, US Department of Education: Accreditation in the United States(Start quote) “The United States has NO federal ministry of education or other centralized authority exercising single national control over postsecondary education institutions in this country. The states assume varying degrees of control over education, but, in general, institutions of higher education are permitted to operate with considerable independence and autonomy. As a consequence, American education institutions can vary widely in the character and quality of their programs. Accreditation DOES NOT provide automatic acceptance by an institution of credit earned at another institution, NOR does it give assurance of acceptance by graduates by employers. Acceptance of students or graduates is always the prerogative of the receiving institutions or employer. For these reasons, besides ascertaining the accredited status of a school or program, students should take additional measures to determine, prior to enrollment, whether or not their educational goals will be met through attendance at a particular institution.” (End quote)
~The U. S. Department of Education recognizes the American Positive Psychology Association and the U.S. Commission for Higher Education Accreditation as fully-authorized accrediting bodies equal to the six regional accrediting bodies.
For reasons of power and control, many people who are part of the traditional system will lie to the public about the way accreditation works in the United States because they don't understand it themselves. Do not be fooled.
The U.S. Department of Education views ALL accrediting bodies equally.
The six regional accrediting bodies are nothing more than private, nonprofit, membership associations owned and operated by their member schools. They accredit themselves just like lawyers do. For example, the American Bar Association is a private, nonprofit, membership association which controls the education of lawyers and the practice of law in the United States; there is no government involvement nor regulation. Most people are unaware of these facts.
We are proud to be a counter-cultural educational institution which places freedom of education above all embedded interests which currently dominate American higher education. We oppose the "country club mentality" which currently prevails. It is undemocratic and un-American.
The traditional system of American higher education has been hijacked by special interest groups whose sole purpose is to capture as much public money as possible, to exclude competition, and to keep tuition high! That's why degrees in the U. S. are so unnecessarily expensive.
Only schools which participate in federal student loan programs are listed on the U.S. Department of Education website. We are opposed to such programs and therefore do not participate. The American Graduate University of Positive Psychology and our accrediting bodies are accepted by the U.S. Department of Education pursuant to their written statement above even though we are not on the federal student loan participant list.
If federal student loan programs were eliminated, tuition charged by traditional schools would be cut in half overnight! Otherwise, they would lose 75% of their students. (75% of graduates have some form of education debt owed to the federal government). Student loans now total more than $1 trillion most of which will never be repaid. It is a financial bubble of epic proportions similar to the credit and housing bubble of 2008.
Why would anyone accumulate student loans totaling $25,000, $50,000, $75,000, $100,000 or more for an education that one could earn for a fraction of these big numbers? Let's rise up and stop the madness!
If you are a follower, our programs would not be a good fit for you. If you are a leader, trailblazer, and independent thinker, we welcome you aboard! It's time to rise up and take control of your own future!
Our tuition levels are only a fraction of what traditional schools charge. We are a good example of what can be done if we keep government from being hijacked by special interest groups.
Our pedagogy is guided self-study. Each student has an assigned university mentor. The Oxford tutorial method of study is guided self-study with mentor. The Sorbonne method of study is reading and writing. In distance learning education, that is, guided self-study, you are your own teacher. Your mentor is your guide. The reality is that all students teach themselves through the reading and writing they do. Whether or not a person learns is up to them and has very little to do with what school they attend. We learn wherever we are! Learning depends on us, not the school. We teach ourselves. Our faculty consists of the authors of the outstanding books and material we use in our programs. Your university mentor is your guide and partner.
- Read and study the book assigned for each course.
- Write an essay of 25 pages or more on the book describing the major points and discussing how you will apply this new knowledge.
- By the end of your program, you will have written 250 to 350 pages as a compilation of this new body of knowledge.
- Completed essays for each course are to be sent to your university mentor by email attachment.
- 100% online. No residency requirement.
- Students may begin at any time. We do not operate on an antiquated semester basis.
- If you are 35 or older and with a bachelor's degree, you may be eligible to enroll in the PhD Program.
- Accreditation by the American Positive Psychology Association (www.positivepsych.us) and the U.S. Commission for Higher Education Accreditation (fidla.org). Both of these bodies are recognized by the U. S. Department of Education.
- The Science of Positive Psychology has replaced traditional psychology as the best means by which people can create flourishing lives.
- Pursuant to the Oxford Tutorial Method of Study, each student is assigned his or her own personal university mentor and higher education success coach
- Pursuant to the Sorbonne Method of Study, each student is required to read and write.
- Ask about our Published Author Program!
- Ask about our Private Practice Advisory Services!
10 Course Degree AND Board Certification Programs
- Master/Board Certified Practitioner of Positive Psychology, Neuropsychology, or Positive Neuropsychology©
- PhD/Board Certified Diplomate of Positive Psychology, Neuropsychology, or Positive Neuropsychology©
5 Course Board Certification Programs (Non-Degree Programs)
- Board Certified Master of Positive Psychology, Neuropsychology, or Positive Neuropsychology©
- Board Certified Doctor of Positive Psychology, Neuropsychology, or Positive Neuropsychology©
Tuition Investment Plans
Ten Course PhD/Board Certification Program
- A. $9,389 - $3,000 Scholarship = $6,389
- B. Or, 12 monthly installments of $583
- C. Or, 18 monthly installments of $398
Ten Course Master/Board Certification Program
- A. $8,389 - $3,000 Scholarship = $5,389
- B. Or, 12 monthly installments of $499
- C. Or, 18 monthly installments of $349
Five Course Board Certification Program
- A. $5,998 - $3,000 Scholarship = $2,998
- B. Or, 6 monthly installments of $583
- C. Or, 12 monthly installments of $298
Study to Become an ePsychologist©, Neuropsychologist, or Life Counsel©Education is necessary, but not sufficient! What will you do with this new knowledge? Transform your current practice, or start your own training and consulting organization as a Human Behavior Specialist, ePsychologist©, Neuropsychologist, or Positive Psychology Coach! Take your life, practice, and your clients in a new, positive direction. Moving in the direction of positivity will transform your life. Coaching/Counseling is a collaborative leadership style used to help clients create successful outcomes for themselves and others. The coach/counselor uses his or her expertise, specialized knowledge, motivational tools, and the science of positive psychology to help clients reach their full potential and fulfill their goals through the creation of well-being and flourishing. Coaching/Counseling may be practiced through seminar presentations, individual mentoring, coaching, consulting, counseling, organizational training and leadership. Coaching/Counseling is a method, not substance. The content should be human behavior science and the science of positive psychology.
Private Practice Advisory Services
We advise our students on how to establish a private practice as a Positive ePsychologist© and/or Life Counsel©. These advice-only services include website look, image, brand, and marketing suggestions.
Published Author ProgramStudents are required to write a minimum 25 page paper for each of ten courses. Upon completion of the program, students will have written a minimum of 250 pages. The compilation of these papers will constitute a record of what you have learned and how you plan on applying this new knowledge. Your combined work will serve as a draft of your book to be published on Amazon.
American Graduate University Washington, DC
Click here to learn about our programs
Click here to start the enrollment process
Contact us today to learn more