The American Graduate University of Positive
Psychology Washington DC
"The New Science of the Mind, Human Nature, and Happiness"
"Leading and Learning from the Nation's Capital"
Human behavior is the product of our genetic predispositions and environment. To improve human behavior
one must understand its origin. Evolutionary psychology is the science of human nature. Positive
psychology is the science of happiness. To improve human well-being, we must
know about these new fields of study.
Accreditation by The American Positive Psychology Association (positivepsych.us)
The U. S. Commission for Higher Education Accreditation (fidla.org)
The American Board of Standards (abstandards.org)
It is not necessary to be state licensed to practice positive psychology or to have a private counseling practice!
Our legal experts will show you how. Practice as a Psychoanalyst, Psychotherapist, Talk Therapist,
ePsychologist, Positive Neuropsychologist, Counselor, Positive ePsychologist, Clinical
Hypnotherapist, or Life/Career Coaching Scientist©!
The Leader in Distance Learning Positive Psychology Education!
Earn a $3,000 Scholarship if You Enroll by
SEPTEMBER 30, 2016
Request Your FREE Program Guide Today!
Study to Become a Positive Neuropsychologist, Talk Therapist, Positive Psychology Coach,
Psychoanalyst, Achievement Psychologist, Life Counsel, or Counselor
- Positive Psychology Science of Happiness
- Neuropsychology Science of Human Nature
- Positive Neuropsychology Science of Human Nature and Happiness (Blended)
Tracks Under Development
- Gender Psychology Science of Gender Differences
- Achievement Psychology Science of Optimal Human Performance
Evolutionary psychology is the first meta-theory that seeks to unite all
sub-fields of psychology under one interpretive umbrella!
- Evolutionary Psychology Science of Human Nature
- Evolutionary Clinical Psychology Science of Mental Disorder
- Evolutionary Cognitive Psychology Science of Reasoning
- Evolutionary Social Psychology Science of Social Relationships
- Evolutionary Developmental Psychology Science of Human Development
- Evolutionary Personality Psychology Science of Dominance
- Evolutionary Cultural Psychology Science of Culture
From Martin E. P. Seligman, PhD
"You assuredly do not need to be a licensed psychologist to practice positive psychology or to be a coach. Freud's followers made the momentous error of restricting psychoanalysis to physicians, and positive psychology is not intended as an umbrella for yet another self-protective guild.
If you are adequately trained in the techniques of coaching, in the theories of positive psychology, in valid measurement of the positive states and traits, in the interventions that work, and you know when to refer a client to someone who is more appropriately trained, you will be, by my lights, bona fide disseminators of positive psychology."
Please click on "Enrollment Options" Above,
Scroll Down to "Enrollment Form,"
Complete, and Press "Submit."
Gallup Poll: An Ivy League Education Does Not Equal Happiness or Success!
"A major new survey by Gallup finds that it isn't where you go to college that is predictive of whether you are successful at work and happy in life -- rather, it matters what you do while you're in school that counts."
Now is the time to take the next step to create a future of success and accomplishment. You must take action in order to change your life and create a new direction. Contact us today.
Our pedagogy is guided self-study. Each student has an assigned university mentor, student success coach. The Oxford tutorial method of study is guided self-study with mentor. The Sorbonne method of study is reading and writing.
In distance learning education, that is, guided self-study, you are your own teacher. Your mentor is your guide. The reality is that all students teach themselves through the reading and writing they do.
Whether or not a person learns is up to them and has very little to do with what school they attend. We learn wherever we are! Learning depends on the student, not the school. We teach ourselves.
Our faculty consists of the authors of the outstanding books and material we use in our programs. Some of our authors are: Martin Seligman, Jonathan Haidt, Shawn Achor, Barbara Fredrickson, Sonjay Lyubomirsky, William Compton, Edward Hoffman, Pierce Howard, Daniel Amen, Allen D. McNeil, and others. Your university mentor is your guide and partner.
- Read and study the book assigned for each course.
- Write an essay of 25 pages (roughly 2 pages per chapter, per book) or more on the book describing the major points and discussing how you will apply this new knowledge.
- By the end of your program, you will have written 250 to 350 pages as a compilation of this new body of knowledge.
- Completed essays for each course are to be sent to your university mentor by email attachment.
- 100% online. No residency requirement. No GRE.
- Students may begin at any time. We do not operate on an antiquated semester basis.
- If you are 35 or older and with a bachelor's degree, you may be eligible to enroll in the PhD Program.
- Accreditation by the American Positive Psychology Association (www.positivepsych.us), The U.S. Commission for Higher Education Accreditation (fidla.org), and The American Board of Standards (www.abstandards.org). ALL three of these bodies are recognized by the U. S. Department of Education.
- The Science of Positive Psychology has replaced traditional psychology as the best means by which people can create flourishing lives.
- Pursuant to the Oxford Tutorial Method of Study, each student is assigned his or her own personal university mentor and higher education success coach
- Pursuant to the Sorbonne Method of Study, each student is required to read and write.
- Ask about our Published Author Program!
- Ask about our Private Practice Advisory Services!
Tuition Investment Plans
PhD Degree - Ten Courses
Positive Psychology, Neuropsychology, or Positive Neuropsychology©
And one of the following:
Board Certified Positive ePsychologist©
Board Certified Neuropsychologist©
Board Certified Positive Neuropsychologist©
Board Certified Psychoanalyst©
Board Certified Psychotherapist©
Board Certified Positvity Counselor©
Board Certified Counseling ePsychologist©
Board Certified Positive ePsychology Coach©
Board Certified Talk Therapist©
Board Certified Life Counsel©
Board Certified Life/Career Coaching Scientist©
Full Program Tuition
- A. $11,389 - $3,000 Scholarship = $8,389
- B. Or, 12 monthly installments of $749
- C. Or, 18 monthly installments of $516
Master's Degree - Ten Courses
Master of Positive Psychology, Neuropsychology, or Positive Neuropsychology
and Board Certified Practitioner of ePsychology, Neuropsychology, or Positive Neuropsychology
Full Program Tuition
- A. $9,389 - $3,000 Scholarship = $6,389
- B. Or, 12 monthly installments of $582
- C. Or, 18 monthly installments of $398
Graduate Certification Programs
Board Certification Programs - 5 Courses
Master's Certificate: Board Certified Master of Positive Psychology, Neuropsychology, or Positive Neuropsychology©
Full Program Tuition
- A. $6,197 - $3,000 Scholarship = $3,197
- B. Or, 6 Monthly Installments of $587
- C. Or, 12 Monthly Installments of $316
Doctor's Certificate: Board Certified Doctor of Positive Psychology, Neuropsychology, or Positive Neuropsychology©
Full Program Tuition
- A. $8,920 - $3,000 Scholarship = $4,169
- B. Or, 6 Monthly Installments of $745
- C. Or, 12 Monthly Installments of $397
Study to Become a Psychoanalyst,
Psychotherapist, Talk Therapist, Positive
Neuropsychologist!Education is necessary, but not sufficient! What will you do with this new knowledge? Transform your current practice, or start your own training and consulting organization!
Published Author ProgramStudents are required to write a minimum 25 page paper for each of ten courses (2 page summaries per chapter per book). Upon completion of the program, students will have written a minimum of 250 pages. The compilation of these papers will constitute a record of what you have learned and how you plan on applying this new knowledge. Your combined work will serve as a draft of your book to be published on Amazon.
From the Office of Postsecondary Education, US Department of Education:
Accreditation in the United States
(1) The United States has no federal ministry of education or other centralized authority exercising single national control over post-secondary educational institutions in this country.
(2) The states assume varying degrees of control over education, but, in general, institutions of higher education are permitted to operate with considerable independence and autonomy. As a consequence, American educational institutions can vary widely in the quality and character of their programs.
(3) Accreditation does not provide automatic acceptance by an institution of credit earned at another institution, nor does it give assurance of acceptance of graduates by employers. Acceptance of students or graduates is always the prerogative of the receiving institution or employer.
(4) For these reasons, besides ascertaining the accredited status of a school or program, students should take additional measures to determine, prior to enrollment, whether or not their educational goals will be met through attendance at a particular institution.
The U.S. Department of Education views ALL accrediting bodies equally. The U.S. Department of Education views the American Positive Psychology Association (positivepsych.us) and the U.S. Commission for Higher Education Accreditation (fidla.org) as equivalent to the six regional accrediting bodies.
The six regional accrediting bodies are private, nonprofit, membership associations owned and operated by their member schools. They accredit themselves as do lawyers. For example, the American Bar Association is a private, nonprofit, membership association that controls the education of lawyers and the practice of law in the United States; there is no government involvement or regulation.
We oppose the "country club mentality" that currently prevails in American higher education.
The traditional system of American higher education has been hijacked by special interest groups whose purpose is to benefit themselves by capturing as much public money as possible, to exclude competition, and to keep tuition rates high! Degrees in the U. S. are unnecessarily expensive.
Only schools that participate in federal student loan programs are listed on the U.S. Department of Education website. We do not participate in federal student loan programs and therefore are not listed.
Federal student loan programs were created to help students. However, the unintended consequence of these loan programs is that they enable traditional colleges and universities to overcharge students. These loan programs keep tuition rates high! Students who borrow this money do not realize how difficult it will be to pay back after graduation. It is only then that reality sets in. If federal student loan programs were eliminated, tuition charged by traditional schools would be cut in half overnight! Otherwise, these schools would lose 75% of their students. (75% of graduates have some form of education debt owed to the federal government). Student loans now total more than $1 trillion most of which will never be repaid. It is a financial bubble of epic proportions similar to the credit and housing bubble of 2008.
Why would anyone accumulate student loans totaling $25,000, $50,000, $75,000, $100,000 or more for an education that one could earn for a fraction of these big numbers? Let's stop the madness!
American Graduate University Washington, DC
Click here to learn about our programs
Click here to start the enrollment process
Contact us today to learn more